Rev 6 | Issue Date: 10/01/2017
McAleer & Rushe is a professional and environmentally conscious organisation, which acknowledges the impact that our operations have on the environment. This policy supports our Sustainability policy and relates to our responsibility towards the Environment. We are committed to reducing our environmental impact and preventing pollution from our activities and we will implement the following:
- The on-going management of the ISO 14001 system
- The reduction of waste created and recycling of waste from construction sites and head office
- Control of all water discharges from sites
- Correct storage and management of fuel
- Considering the effects that construction operations may have on the local community.
- The rigorous vetting of all suppliers & sub-contractors
We are committed to ensuring we meet the requirements of EN ISO 14001.
We will set and regularly review environmental objectives and targets to ensure that we continually improve our environmental performance.
We will comply with all local environmental legalisation and other requirements for all our operations.
We will ensure that we are aware of current construction environmental best practice through our industry body memberships.
This policy and our associated procedures will be communicated to our staff and sub contractors through our ongoing training programmes.